We, Burmese Atheists Organisation demand:
Sepearation of Church and State
- Public education must be free from religious influences for all from pre-school through college.
- to ban political meetings on the premises normally used for the exercise of worship
- all worship services open to the people
- banned religious symbols “on public monuments or in any public place whatsoever, except for buildings used for worship, burial grounds in cemeteries, monuments and museums or exhibitions.”
- buildings used for public worship, and movable objects furnishing them will be left free of charge to public institutions of worship
- religion must be declared a private affair.
Fighting against the religious fundamentalism.
- Fight against any and all conservative religious doctrines, including those of the majority religion and the underprivileged community.
- Fight against all prejudices that are supported and perpetuated by religious texts and doctrines, including sexism, homophobia, and transphobia.
- Acknowledge climate change and take action to mitigate climate change.
Equal Rights for All
- Fight discrimination based on race, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, and all other forms of prejudice.
The Right to live & die
- Defend an individual’s right to choose whether and when to have die in peace with the help of official medical support.
Socialism and Internationalism
- Capitalism produces poverty, inequality, environmental destruction, and war.
- Solidarity with the struggles of workers, women, LGBT and all oppressed individuals internationally.
- Solidarity with the struggles of anarchists and socialists in the war against the state and this exploitative captialism.
- As with the fight against capitalism, oppose state capitalism (state socialism).
- Show solidarity with those who share the libertarian marxist values, anarchist values, and values of social democrats with us.
- Advocate atheism, socialism and anarchist values.